Highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience Annual premium
Our client is a public institution operating under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg with over 300 staff. Organized as a multidisciplinary institute, its six scientific departments include services and units related to the fields of anatomic and molecular pathology, genetics, medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection. The aim of our client is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases; to fulfil the role of a national control and reference laboratory and to provide medico-legal services.
To strengthen the experienced team we are looking for a
Head of department of Microbiology (f/m)
Your main activities:
- Lead a dynamic, fully integrated department maintaining close interaction with governmental and non-governmental stakeholders
- Oversee the day-to-day activity of an ISO 15189 and 17025 accredited laboratory and enhance service level provision, currently expanding its scope in virology, mycology, mycobacteriology and microbial genomics
- Create new collaborations and develop key stake holder relationships
- Interact with other departments and stimulate collaborations in the field of public health and health protection
- Liaise with stakeholders and actively stimulate research in public health and One Health microbiology in Luxembourg
- Actively promote antibiotic stewardship
- Actively participate in the implementation of the “Plan National Antibiotiques” as well as establishing a focus on clinical liaison with the main hospitals in Luxembourg and thus create new synergies and build key client relationships
- Participate in the surveillance responsibilities at national and European level
- Microbiologist (m/f) or Expert in Infectious Diseases (m/f) either with a background of Medical Doctor (médecin ou pharmacien biologiste spécialisé en microbiologie ou maladies infectieuses, virologie / Facharzt für Mikrobiologie, Virologie und Infektionsepidemiologie) or alternatively a proven track record in leading a clinical microbiology department
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English (additional: German or French would be advantageous)
- Strong management skills, decision making and ability to focus on priorities
- Team player filling a role in the Leadership team
- Attaching great importance to the daily service provided to doctors and patients
- Able to coach and motivate employees
- Expertise in public health microbiology reference activities including NGS
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 and ISO17025 norms and accreditation
- You work with a large range of state-of-the-art technical equipment, including a Maldi-Tof, a SIRSCAN, a complete molecular biology platform including Illumina NGS facilities and a dedicated BSL level three laboratory
- Highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience
- Annual premium
The team on site supports you in the entire process of application.
We guarantee absolute discretion.
If you have a serious interest in this job offer, we look forward to receiving your application to email@example.com, your contact Mr. Uwe Bludau.
Please send the following documents:
Your CV with photo, if applicable references and qualifications.
Telephone: +49 30 34331667
Our job advertisements are always addressed to all people, regardless of age, gender, origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion and belief etc. The selection of applicants is exclusively based on qualifications.
Errors in the information and the spelling reserved.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org