Highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience Annual premium
Our client is a public institution operating under the supervision of the Ministry of Health in Luxembourg with over 300 staff. Organized as a multidisciplinary institute, its six scientific departments include services and units related to the fields of anatomic and molecular pathology, genetics, medical biology, microbiology, forensic medicine and health protection. The aim of our client is to develop analytical and scientific expertise related to the prevention, diagnosis and monitoring of human diseases; to fulfil the role of a national control and reference laboratory and to provide medico-legal services.
To strengthen the experienced team we are looking for a
Clinical Geneticist (f/m)
Your main activities:
- Contributing significantly to the strategic development of the National Center for Genetics
- Undertake and supervise genetic counselling within the clinical genetics service (general genetics and rare diseases)
- Deliver high quality clinical and laboratory genetics services as part of a multidisciplinary team with the opportunity to develop a special interest to complement the department’s existing services
- Contributing to evaluation and interpretation of molecular genetic analyses and perform medical validation of genetic reports/findings (in particular multi-gene panels and clinical exomes)
- Contributing to training of resident physicians, biologists, scientists and genetic counselors
- Interact with clinical partners, establishing a focus on clinical liaison with the main hospitals and participate in multidisciplinary boards and meetings
- Involvement in clinical and/or laboratory research as well as academic teaching in close collaboration with research institutions and hospitals
- Actively participate in the “Plan national maladies rares” (PNMR) and other national and international networks
- Possibility to access a leadership role in the service
- Clinical Geneticist (m/f), Medical doctor, specialized in Clinical/Medical Genetics with appropriate certification in an EU member state, or equivalent qualification
- Broad Experience in clinical genetics, interest in pediatric and/or adult genetics welcome
- Experience in molecular genetic diagnostics, in particular in the interpretation of clinical exomes welcome
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability
- Attaching great importance to the daily service provided to doctors and patients
- Leadership skills, commitment, teamwork and excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of ISO 15189 norm and accreditation
- Able to coach and motivate employees
- Fluent (written and spoken) in either French or German and good knowledge in English
- Successful candidates will be offered a highly competitive salary, depending on qualification and experience, plus an annual premium
- state-of-the-art laboratory, including an Illumina platform for next-generation sequencing
- Luxembourg is an area of outstanding natural beauty, a superb infrastructure and healthcare facilities. It offers a high quality of life and gives access to a large range of excellent schools
The team on site supports you in the entire process of application.
We guarantee absolute discretion.
If you have a serious interest in this job offer, we look forward to receiving your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, your contact Mr. Uwe Bludau.
Please send the following documents:
Your CV with photo, if applicable references and qualifications.
Telephone: +49 30 34331667
Our job advertisements are always addressed to all people, regardless of age, gender, origin, sexual orientation, disability, religion and belief etc. The selection of applicants is exclusively based on qualifications.
Errors in the information and the spelling reserved.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com